Let's get started with running your first cloud account scan. The process includes two main steps:
- Connect one cloud account to Aqua Wave. In this example we will connect an AWS account using and AWS CloudFormation stack.
- Run your first scan.
Aqua Wave supports multiple types of cloud accounts and multiple methods to connect your cloud accounts. Read more about these options at CSPM Overview
How to Run Your First Cloud Account Scan
Step 1: Sign in to Aqua Wave and see the dashboard
- When you first sign in to Aqua Wave you should see a dashboard similar to the following
- Click on Connect Your Cloud Accounts
Step 2: Select the options to connect AWS account
- Select "Default" for Aqua Group
- Select "Amazon Web Service (AWS)" for Account Type
- Select "CloudFormation (Recommended)" for Method
Step 3: Launch the CloudFormation stack
- Ensure you are currently signed in to your AWS account with permission to create CloudFormation and IAM resources
- Click on the orange button Launch Stack
- A new browser tab will open with the CloudFormation stack details, review the details, click on the checkbox stating "I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources."
- Finally, click on the Create Stack button
Step 4: Copy the newly created ARN
- In the AWS browser tab, wait for the CloudFormation stack to finish
- Review the stack output and copy the value for the Aqua CSPM ARN
Step 5: Paste the ARN value
- Back in the Aqua Wave browser tab, paste the value of the ARN
- Click Connect Account button
- A confirmation message should be displayed and your cloud account is now connected to Aqua Web
Please note that you must not refresh or leave the Aqua Wave page until you paste the ARN. Doing so will change the required connection ID and will fail the connection process.
Step 6: Run your first cloud account scan
- Congratulations! Your first scan is automatically initiated and waiting for your review
- Navigate to the Scans->Scan Reports page
- You will see there your first scan report
- Invite Additional Users - Learn how to invite additional users to your Aqua Wave account
- Next Steps - View a list of recommended next steps in experiencing Aqua Wave