Aqua Wave IaC scanning allows you to upload CloudFormation templates (either as JSON or YAML) and receive a list of potential security risks present in the template.
Scanning CloudFormation Templates
To start scanning CloudFormation templates, follow the below steps
Step 1: Access the CloudFormation scanning UI
- Log into the Aqua Wave console and navigate to "Tools" > "CloudFormation Scan"
Step 2: Upload your template
- Ensure you have a valid JSON or YAML template
- Drag-and-drop your template file into the UI
- (Alternatively) copy and paste your template source into the textbox
Step 3: View the results and source data
- To view the original template, toggle the "Show source data" toggle
- Locate the results at the bottom of the page